The Senior Software Engineer (SSE) will be responsible for designing and developing a web-based biomechanics analysis platform tailored specifically for the company’s markerless motion capture and video data. The aim of this project is to develop a web-based platform, accessed through the company’s website, to aid front office personnel, coaching staff, and players in the analysis, visualization, and reporting of KinaTrax’s data. Additionally, the SSE will develop tools to facilitate the duties of the data processing team and system operators, and support future software development needs of the company.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The SSE performs the major functions listed below. The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined below, and specific functions are subject to change.
- Designing and developing a web-based biomechanical analysis platform tailored specifically for use with the company’s markerless motion capture and video data.
- Design and develop internal tools to aid the data processing team in performing their duties.
- Designing and developing enhancements to the system operator tools.
- Supporting the company’s future software development initiatives.
- Designing and developing user interfaces.
- Designing and developing debugging tools.
- Designing and developing unit tests.
- Participating in code reviews.
Qualifications & Requirements
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities, would be acceptable, subject to any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent disciplines.
- Must have a strong proficiency with C/C++ and .NET.
- Must have extensive experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Must have experience with ASP.NET Core and Angular/React.
- Must have experience with Qt.
- Must have extensive experience in software engineering practices, including but not limited to software design and implementation, unit testing, code reviews, continuous integration, source control, and coding standards compliance.
- Experience with Git is preferred.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
- Proven record of being reliable and accountable for all aspects of their job.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
- Resourceful, with the ability to work independently.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities. Able to work productively in a pressurized environment.
- Ethical and trustworthy.
- Occasional travel to meet with clients.
- Extended periods of computer usage.
- Relocation to the company’s headquarters in Boca Raton, Florida is required.
KinaTrax develops a markerless motion capture system that analyzes the motions of a baseball pitcher and hitter in-game. The system is installed in more than 24 ballparks throughout the country, and is utilized by multiple professional baseball teams for the purposes of assessing and enhancing player performance and preventing injuries. The company was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida.
Experience: Senior level
Functions: Software Development, Web Development
Industries: Biomechanics, Baseball