The Data Processing Engineer (DPE) will be responsible for managing the data processing and assuring the data quality for multiple Major League Baseball clients. Additionally, the DPE will check the status of each video acquisition system and communicate any technical issues to our support staff prior to each game.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The DPE performs the major functions listed below. The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined below, and specific functions are subject to change.
- Operate the motion capture software used to process the calibrated video data.
- Modify the parameters of the motion capture software to produce results per the specifications of the customers.
- Adhere to the data processing priority schedules provided by the customers, and meet deadlines for time-sensitive data.
- Communicate and document the data processing status and progress for the data processing team and customers.
- Troubleshoot and escalate technical issues found with the hardware, motion capture software, network, and data.
- Enter rosters and manage custom player IDs in the video acquisition tool for amateur events.
- Perform pre-game video acquisition system checks and communicate any technical issues to the support staff.
- Record a game in the event of scheduled operator/stringer absence.
- Execute the post-game tools and apply the data quality assurance procedures for every game/session.
- Collect calibration data, and perform and enroll the system calibration.
Qualifications & Requirements
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities, would be acceptable, subject to any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- Must work weekends during the baseball season. Days off are allocated during the weekdays.
- BS or MS in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent disciplines is preferred.
- Experience in data processing, networking, and/or information technology.
- Experience with remote access software such as LogMeIn and TeamViewer.
- Proficiency with XML and JSON is preferred.
- Experience with Slack, Google Docs, and Google Sheets.
- Experience with running shell scripts.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
- Proven record of being reliable and accountable for all aspects of their work.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
- Resourceful, with the ability to work independently.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities. Able to work productively in a pressurized environment.
- Ethical and trustworthy.
- Extended periods of computer usage.
- Occasional travel to meet with clients and attend conferences.
- Relocation is not required.
KinaTrax develops a markerless motion capture system that analyzes the motions of a baseball pitcher and hitter in-game. The system is installed in more than 24 ballparks throughout the country, and is utilized by multiple professional baseball teams for the purposes of assessing and enhancing player performance and preventing injuries. The company was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida.
Experience: Entry to Senior level
Functions: Information Technology
Industries: Markerless Motion Capture, Biomechanics, Baseball Analytics