The Computer Vision Engineer (CVE) will be responsible for developing real-time mixed reality applications leveraging the company’s in-game markerless motion capture data. The aim of this project is to develop new methods for players and coaches to visualize the data and help it become actionable. Additionally, the CVE will work on the company’s markerless motion capture algorithms and future computer vision and machine learning initiatives.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The CVE performs the major functions listed below. The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined below, and specific functions are subject to change.
- Designing and developing real-time mixed reality applications leveraging the company’s markerless motion capture data on platforms such as the Magic Leap One and Microsoft Hololens 2.
- Designing and developing enhancements to the company’s markerless motion capture algorithms.
- Supporting the company’s future computer vision and machine learning initiatives.
- Designing and developing user interfaces.
- Designing and developing debugging tools.
- Designing and developing unit tests.
- Participating in code reviews.
Qualifications & Requirements
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities, would be acceptable, subject to any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent disciplines with a focus on computer vision and/or machine learning.
- Must have a strong proficiency with C/C++. Additional proficiency in Python or Matlab is preferred.
- Must have extensive experience with computer vision libraries, such as OpenCV, and Deep Learning libraries, such as Tensorflow.
- Extensive experience in 3D markerless motion capture/human pose estimation is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Lumin SDK and/or development with the Microsoft Hololens is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Unity is strongly preferred.
- Experience with CUDA is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Git is preferred.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
- Proven record of being reliable and accountable for all aspects of their job.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
- Resourceful, with the ability to work independently.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities. Able to work productively in a pressurized environment.
- Ethical and trustworthy.
- Occasional travel to meet with clients.
- Extended periods of computer usage.
- Travel on short notice.
- Relocation to the company’s headquarters in Boca Raton, Florida is required.
KinaTrax develops a markerless motion capture system that analyzes the motions of a baseball pitcher and hitter in-game. The system is installed in more than 24 ballparks throughout the country, and is utilized by multiple professional baseball teams for the purposes of assessing and enhancing player performance and preventing injuries. The company was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida.
Experience: Senior level
Functions: Software Development
Industries: Mixed Reality, Markerless Motion Capture, Baseball